Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009 is begun

The 2009 fishing season is now underway. I've actually been out three times in the last 3 weeks. I got one LM (17") on my first outing. Not much for a two hour effort, but satisfying none the less. The goal of my second outing was to help a friend get his first of 2009. I think his first was a 15" or 16". I was looking more at the smile on his face than I was at the fish.

And then there was yesterday after work. I brought 6 or 7 to my hand. I had a really nice fish on early and even got it to do the tail dance, but I had never set the hook properly and I lost that one. The fish ranged from 11 to 17 inches. The surprising part was that I got these on Senkos. I had started with small Rapala style twitch baits. But the fish just watched that swim past. It was when I switched to the Senkos that things started happening.

I was out with my regular fishing partner Jamie. He did well himself and I expect he will be posting pictures on his Blog sometime today. We could not help but notice the nice green coloring on these LM. It all made for a very enjoyable St Patrick's Day.

Till next time, I wish you Tight Lines, Ken S.

No comments: